Barack Obama has been speaking in Turkey this afternoon after the latest G20 discussions. Some of the key quotes from the US president are as follows:
- Assad does not have a role in Syria’s future
- Goal is to "ultimately destroy this barbaric terrorist organisation"
- Moving to cut ISIS financing capabilities
- Authorized special forces to improve on-the-ground coordination
- Strategy will work, but will take time
There have been some calls for U.S. ground troops in Syria, but that would be a mistake.
Need to be aggressive and leave no stone un-turned but realize this isn’t conventional warfare